CK Go Places Search Engine

Tuesday 14 August 2012

Blossoms in the Night Sky

I had my one-week holiday in Singapore last week and I happened to be in time for the celebration of the Singapore National Day on the 9th of August. I knew there was gonna be splendid fireworks on the evening of the celebration and I started out surveying for the best spot for taking photos before my trip. My sister-in-law in Singapore also helped me out through her brother.

I finally settled on The Promontory which is a waterfront overlooking the Central Business District and the Floating Platform where the main event took place. On the evening of that day, I set forth to the venue at 4:45 p.m. and arrived at 5:15 p.m. I thought I was early but I was really surprised to find that the whole stretch of The Promontory's guard rails was already full of people and tripods!

I didn't give up immediately but walked around trying to find a tiny space to squeeze in my tripod. I finally found a small gap in between a man and a tripod, and without hesitation, I started setting up my gear. The Chinese man with the tripod actually marked that small gap for his friend to sit on and he disallowed me to set up my gear there, so I had to set it a little further back.

When the clock hit 7:25 p.m., some teaser shots were fired.

Singapore_0049

The friend of that Chinese man was still nowhere to be seen, so I pulled my tripod forward and occupied that small gap so that I can get an unobstructed view. The full blast of fireworks finally started at around 7:55 p.m.

Singapore_0050

Singapore_0051

Singapore_0052

Singapore_0053

Singapore_0054

Singapore_0055

Singapore_0056

Singapore_0057

Singapore_0058

Singapore_0059

Singapore_0060

Singapore_0061

Singapore_0062

Singapore_0063

Singapore_0064

Singapore_0065

Singapore_0066

Singapore_0067

Singapore_0068

Singapore_0069

Singapore_0070

No comments:

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets