CK Go Places Search Engine

Saturday 3 March 2012

Český Krumlov: Hotel Garni Myší Díra

I usually book my accommodation for my holidays through Booking.com. It was no exception for my trip to Czech Republic. Hotel Garni Myší Díra seemed decent through the website, so I closed the deal online.




The hotel is just situated at the edge of the busy small town, which is away from the hustle and bustle of the touristy main square. It is also very easy to get to the main town square from here, which is only less than a 5-minute walk.




When I entered the room, I found neither air conditioner nor ceiling fan. I enquired the hotel receptionist about it and they told me this historic building from the 18th century needs non of those. It's cool in summer and warm in winter. I returned to my room, still unconvinced. After my two-night stay there, I was convinced. It was really cooling although it was already the beginning of summer in early June.

Each of the hotel room has a balcony overlooking the Vltava River, making it a great place for a laid-back vacation. When I needed a rest from the walk around town, I sat here to recharge.




The balcony of my room offered this spectacular view of the quieter part of Český Krumlov. I could sit here biting on my biscuits while sipping on my coffee. I could also enjoy the free wi-fi provided by the hotel here.




Buffet breakfast is complimentary with every booking. There are a variety of bread to choose from, which a few types of cheese and fruit jam. I like the Czech baguettes as the crust is very crunchy. Muesli with dried fruit is also a standard item for me for breakfast.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post! I love the rawness of the architecture surrounding the city! I spent much of my time on Prague city breaks a few years back and the people are awesome.

Recent Posts

Powered by Blogger Widgets

Recent Comments

Powered by Blogger Widgets